This Monday marks a new stage in my journey through the Bible. I am no longer on the “Bible in 90 days” track but simply reading through.
Up until today I’d read until 1st Samuel chapter 25 and over these last few weeks my reading has been sparse and short (about all I could take in); my aim for this coming week is to read at least four chapters daily. Whilst I know this isn’t much, at this point this amount of daily reading will stretch me.
Reading all about Saul and David is yet another example of our sinful nature and how when we repent of a sin we often go back to it again and again (Saul pursues/tries to kill David and repents of it and then does it again and again).
How often, daily even hourly am I guilty of the same sins that I just repented of? Nagging or speaking sourly to my husband is definitely a clear example in my head. Lord please help me be a meek and quiet soul, the best of the woman I am and better yet than that as I minister to my husband and those I meet. Amen
What sin do you keep coming up against despite continual repentance from it?
I’m pleased to announce as a side note that I will be an official member of my church from Sunday – feels so right to be joining my husband in membership. PTL
Hope any of you who are still reading have had a joyous Easter; I’ll be posting on my travels tomorrow.
Where are you in your Bible reading?
Do you read as you’re led or work your way through continually?
Are you a chronological gal or a constantly reading Psalms & Proverbs one?
No comments:
Post a Comment