Sunday, 14 August 2011

Accountability - W/E Sat 13th August 2011 (PBP)

Diary
Our Lough Boat Tour on last Sunday was fab and informative if very rocky and chilly, the Husband really shouldn't have gone though as two hours on the inland water did nothing to improve his chest infection!

Dentist was quick and painless - because I have to go back to get a(nother) tooth filled.

I got finished work a little early on Tuesday which was great as I the sickly Husband at home needed lots of TLC, I added in an afternoon of munchkin minding on Wednesday (2YO & 4YO), worked til two-ish on Thursday and then babysat the munchkins that night - fairly exhausted all round as the Hubby was preparing me for life with a newborn - up at twelve, one, two, three, four and six - he really has a bad dose.

I cancelled crafting with Miss Jewellery on Saturday as I'd not gotten very much sleep and didn't want the Hubs to infect her.

Blackberry picking was a non-starter as they need another week or two but I did gather in some apples, peeled, chopped and flash-froze them for making pies, crumbles and sponges when the mood takes me. Still have some to prepare but they were an easy no-brainer thing to do as I sat down of a night.

Alas Hubs wasn't well enough to go on the stag do and has been going stir and sleep crazy so I didn't get most of my jobs done (either because they were too noisy or a surprise for him or simply because I hadn't the mental capacity for them after so much broken sleep.

So the To Do/Done List is as follows:
Daily
- Kept on top of laundry except that I should have done a load yesterday - will get it done tomorrow morning before work
- Carry out a 26-fix on the study (i.e. dump, recycle, tidy or donate 26 items) - Did this on Monday but didn't count through things the rest of the week
- DIDN'T work on our wedding album
Mon
- Weighed-In and blogged about it
- Dentist appointment attended though I need to make another one alas and alack
- Text Farmer’s Daughter, Uni Girl, Angel, Mrs Kitty and Gerta re catching-up etc - though nothing ended up being arranged
- DIDN'T complete forms for maternity allowance
- DIDN'T finalise accessories for wedding outfit
- DIDN'T measure up windows for curtain length and measure curtains for lining
- DIDN'T purchase blackout lining/interlining after dentist appointment
- Wrote cards for Mr Thing’s birthday, Ennis and Dung's anniversary, Char and Cook's anniversary, Best Man's birthday, my cousin's to accompany a small gift we're posting over and for Hippy Girl’s birthday
- Went for a walk to see if there are any ripe blackberries ready for picking
- Took down, folded and put away white washing
- Retrieved general card boxes from Miss Thing and put them away
Tues and Thurs
- DIDN'T post maternity allowance forms (Tues)
- DIDN'T research and order VHS to DVD software (Tues)
- Started the tacking of the wedding maxi dress at work
- Tutoring prep and tutored at work
- Read MORE of modern maternity mag but DIDN'T finish it
- Haven't text Hippy Girl, Miss Kitty etc. re catching up next week
Weds
- Added in three hours of toddler herding - exhausting at this point of pregnancy I must say
- DIDN'T move green crockery set downstairs (from dining room)
- DIDN'T work on the study for an hour THIS day 
Fri
- DIDN'T begin weekend work (a big surprise for my Hubby - since he was home)
- Worked on the study and especially on organising, decluttering and repackaging the games and puzzles
Sat
- Wrapped gift for Best Man’s birthday
- Did out my bank lodgement (making for a happy Hubby)
- Cancelled crafting but continued to work in study for the day (and night - couldn't sleep so worked in their from half one until half four AM - decluttering paperwork). Re-housed the now organised games and puzzles and also worked to organise my Mum's too (next door). Exhausted myself!


So my very ambitious (for me) plans didn't (at) all get accomplished but my Hubby was well taken care of and allowed to sleep as much as he needed in a quiet home with hot drinks on tap so I think my real work for the week was fully accomplished.

To see my plans for this coming week - check out my next post . . .

No comments: