Although I put up on my Weight Page about being pregnant I still hadn't put it up on the blog proper so here you are - we are expecting, with child and have one in the oven.
Yes - ONE - despite the fact I'm a little bump-heavy - I have fibroids - okay!!!??
LOL - I am lovely my rounded shape - this time for good reason as opposed to too much chocolate.
Funnily enough I have gained weight but at 26 weeks or thereabouts I am still eight pounds lighter than I was at the start of the year so - yay me!
I was sick from about six weeks until about twenty and if I eat too much for dinner/tea I'm in agony and sick so I'm really having to watch the food intake after lunch time but haven't been sick for oh nine days so - yay once more!
We are so excited to meet this little one and although the more I think about the whole birthing process, the more I freak out, I'm still really hoping for a natural delivery. We opted against a home birth because of all the difficulties my Mum and sisters had (all but one of ten births ended in sections and two of the ten almost died) and I'd just come to terms with our decision to go into the hospital when I was dealt the blow that due to fibroids on my womb (of which I was unaware until my 20-week scan) I would have to go under a doctor's care rather than enjoy the "home from home" comforts of the midwife-led unit - needless to say I struggled not to cry at my antenatal appointment and burst into tears as soon as I got into the car for the journey home. Tears are very therapeutic but I soon found my silver lining - the position of the fibroids still allows for a natural delivery - they could so easily have meant an automatic section if they'd been positioned lower.
I know I could well end up with a section when it comes down to it and I am okay with that - things go wrong all too easily but at this stage there is still hope - and for that I am glad.
I love how over-the-moon happy my Hubs is!
The nursery is coming along slowly but surely - I'm converting our craft room/study/storage/dumping room so there is a lot of tat to wade through - on that note - check out my next blog post - a decluttering update - four months worth to boot!
Excuse the waffliness of this post please - I have baby brain and I'm not afraid to flaunt it!
P.S. Baby names are picked, we're not finding out the gender and I'm praying the baby takes after Daddy's side (teeny six/seven pounders as opposed to my side's big eight-ten pounders).
2 comments:
Oh big congrats hun. I hope all goes smoothly for you =)
You know it's going to follow our side of the family, but we'll join you in screaming the baby out if necessary!! Only joking - it'll slip out with a cough and all your worries will be for nothing pet :D
Post a Comment