Saturday, 1 October 2011
Thirty-one days of . . . bringing home baby
Image from wwww.isisparenting.com
Day 1
I dipped in and out of the various thirty-one days series last year and will no doubt do similar this year, but with one added extra - this year I'm going to join in . . .
Obviously the biggest things in my life at present are the ever-expanding bump and the eagerly expected babe within - that said the eagerly expected babe needs somewhere to sleep, feed, be cuddled and doted upon by the many expected visitors when it chooses to leave said ever-expanding bump and said visitors will appreciate clean and clear seating when they visit and the space to manoeuver through our home without tremendous feats of acrobatics, oh and they might like a clean loo to be able to visit also and to eat and drink from our kitchen without fear of poisoning . . . so . . . ahem . . . it is most definitely time to nest and clean house!!!!!
Baby is "due" on the 13th of November and whilst I've been placing my bets on a later date many others, including Miss Thing are imagining an earlier birthday and I don't want to disgrace myself or my husband by having visitors seeing the our home in its current state.
The status quo is slightly unkempt and in need of a dust throughout with many things piled high in our living room and bedroom that are bound for the attic, recycling, the bin, the charity shop, the walls (many picture frames), who knows where or the nursery. The nursery is freshly painted, thank you Daddy, with only a couple of touch-ups required and we'll be "filling it" from Monday on.
I need to get my head and body in gear and make lots of decisions about where everything is to go, what stays, what goes and where to put holes in the walls.
I need to make a trip to Ikea to get shelving for the kitchen - to finally display my beautiful Clarice Cliff plate collection, a bathroom cabinet - to replace our rusted towel rail, and a blackout blind and curtains for the nursery.
I need to finish organising our bedroom wardrobes.
I need to organise the nursery.
Oh yeah and did I mention, I need to do most of the cleaning and clearing by next Saturday as we're having our baby shower in our house as it is fantastic for hosting big groups. Help!
Today I've made melba toast for my Mama's guests for tomorrow, filled and run the dishwasher, washed a load of laundry but have yet to hang it up and have yet to get dressed or make my bed. Why? Because the eagerly expected babe was being suspiciously quiet and this worried mama-to-be wanted to be still and encourage some comforting kicks. Thank the Lord for strong kicks and flutters and wiggles. With a now eased mind and it now being after four! I think it's about time to make a start on the never-ending to-do list.
Today I'm "bringing home baby" by:
finishing off my laundry,
making my bed,
getting dressed,
cooking for my beloved and enjoying a board game with him,
emptying the dishwasher and
deciding where to put three pictures on my walls.
If I can go to bed having accomplished this list I will be happy.
Come back tomorrow for my decluttering post for September and Day 2 of my Thirty-one days of bringing home baby . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congratulations on your little one. God Bless!
Post a Comment