Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Thirty-one days of bringing home baby - Day 4


Image from wwww.isisparenting.com

Thirty-one days of bringing home baby – Day 4

Yesterday I . . .
got up with my husband, made the bed, opened the blinds and aired the house,
oiled bump and perineum,
got dressed first thing,
ate breakfast and drank raspberry leaf tea,
had my quiet time along with prayer for baby and us as soon-to be parents,
folded and put away dry laundry,
fully cleared my bedside area of all those piles,
situated our family crib at said bedside BUT couldn't make it up as my lovely lemon sheets had marks on them from the cardboard packaging - they've been added to the laundry and if the marks don't come out, well . . . I'm glad I kept the receipt,
did a first draft of packing my (gorgeous pink) trolley case for the hospital but certainly didn't complete this or finalise a list of what to add at the last minute (phones etc.),
worked on clearing the “junk” in the living room for half-an-hour,
didn't nap before work because I faffed so much and didn't have time,
took Mama to work,
attended our first (of two) antenatal/parenting classes and was scared by the drop in standard of our maternity system as anecdotally evidenced by our (supposed to be encouraging us) midwife,
didn't move in any nursery furniture but should make a start on that tonight and
laid out my clothes for today

I did however also:
start back into a routine of scripture memorisation using my handy-dandy scripture index box,
check and fully declutter my email,
sew three long neglected items of clothing,
drink a second cup of raspberry leaf tea,
prep a dark wash for today,
pre-soak two items of clothing (to go in today's wash) and
print off the extra maternity form I need to complete.

Today I planned lots but slept in so my list is not so long today. I will . . .
make the bed, open blinds and air the house,
oil bump and perineum,
get dressed first thing,
eat breakfast, lunch and dinner,
drink at least two cups of raspberry leaf tea,
have my quiet time along with scripture memorisation and prayer for baby and us as soon-to be parents,
do a dark wash,
prep a second dark wash for tomorrow,
check my email,
complete maternity form for government,
prepare my English-centric tutoring for this evening,
work on clearing the “junk” in the living room for at least half-an-hour,
take Mama to work again to prepare her for starting tomorrow,
tutor Tammy-Girl,
move in some of the nursery furniture
mark bedroom wall for four pictures and hanging decoration and
lay out my clothes for tomorrow.

Here's hoping I clear today's list - as I've just been informed the total count for the baby shower (being held in my living room on Saturday) is around 30!!!!

I seriously need to get the house in order and cleaned by then - AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

No comments: