Just had to link to an article about Dr Seuss today - it would be his 107th birthday if he was still alive and I just love his books. It is also my little niece's 5th birthday today and since I can't wish her a happy birthday - I'll share something about an author I know she'd love instead.
"Mr. Geisel/Dr. Seuss was inspired to write his first children's book, And To Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, by the rhythmic sound of a ship's engine."
"In 1937, Mr. Geisel and his wife, Helen, were returning to the United States from an ocean trip to Europe when the rhythmic sound of the ship's engine suggested to him the idea of writing an equally rhythmic text for a children's book. The result was his first foray into children's literature, And To Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street."
Go here to read the rest or if you'd rather watch - here's seven minutes of wonderful Seuss cartoon-y-ness:
1 comment:
Is Gerald McBoing Boing written by him? I didn't know that!! And Happy Birthday Dr S and little miss A. :)
Post a Comment