Sunday, 20 February 2011

Organising Weekly Challenge #3


Toni @ A Bowl Full of Lemons is continuing her weekly challenges for 2011 with a challenge to . . .

CREATE A RECIPE BINDER

I actually incorporated some of this challenge into my home management binder challenge. I gathered together some of our recipe books and my (momAgenda.com) Menu Planning notebook into a cute green rattan basket along with my HM binder but I've never gathered up all those loose sheet recipes that I've gathered up over the years (including the chicken curry recipe from my my home economics class when I was fourteen - my husband swears it's wonderful).

I already had empty (not cute but practical) binders sitting by the basket just ready to be filled so one has now been deemed the loose recipe binder.

My categories will be few, because that's how I wanted it, namely - Savouries and Sweets.

I haven't rewritten any of the recipes because I like having the different writing styles of myself, down through the ages, and my friends and family.

I have some lovely recipes from my hen night written out (and in many cases decorated) by those I cherish - a wonderful idea my sister had to have everyone bring a recipe and a piece of advice for married life. I had these in an index box but that can easily be repurposed into a craft box and the recipes will be used a lot more in my recipe binder I feel.

Thanks for another great challenge Toni!

*Meant to get this up earlier in the week but totally forgot!*

No comments: