CREATE A GIFT WRAPPING STATION
I have dreamt of the wonderful armoires of gift-wrapping excellence that I've seen across the blogosphere. The best I could accomplish was an old laundry basket with three sections chock full of gift bags, ribbons, bows and tissue paper and every time I went to wrap a gift I chose a bag and some tissue or just wrapped it with paper and sellotape and away I went. I could very rarely be bothered with all the frou-frou so I decluttered - big style!
I decluttered most of the tissue, bags and bows etc to my Mum, all the small jewellery gift boxes and pouches to my friend who makes and sells jewellery and used Christmas wrapping to get rid of a lot too. I felt freer than I had for years.
I now have only a handful of rolls in a pretty wastepaper basket (kept together with a simple ribbon, with each roll kept neat by an elastic band at either end). I have a few strings and ribbons, bows, tags and bags but they are containerised into a slightly worn but very beautiful gift bag that we got a wedding gift in. If they don't fit in that bag - they don't stay - simple as that!
My sellotape and scissors have a home on a small counter space to the left of my craft cupboard and that is all I need or want at this stage of life.
I still dream of those beautiful gift wrapping stations that others have done but for now this is all I need.
I should add that I have a couple of cupboards in my living room for sale-bought gifts, hostess gifts and early-gift-purchases. I keep the two completely separate at this moment in time - but I am thinking of amalgamating them again but need to clear out some of the gifts first.
When they are together again I'll be turning the gift cupboards into more book cupboards and then I can begin to (yet again) try and make sense of our very crazy book collection.
*Updates*
My Home Management Binder (here's the post on it) is progressing nicely now that my Hubs has fixed the printer! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment