Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Weekly Weigh-In #8

*Updated to add weigh-in post link and additional comments at the end!*

Kris @ Eclipsed is once more encouraging us to face up to our scales for the Weekly Weigh-In!

I knew my scales were not going to be my friend this week, much more my informant . . .

I've switched back to weighing in on Monday (instead of Tuesday) so it hasn't quite been a week but I knew that the results were not going to be pretty. In an effort to stave off nausea while fighting a stomach bug I ate and ate and well you get the idea . . . and I had this post all ready to go with space to put in how many pounds I'd gained . . . except I didn't! I didn't gain!

The last three weeks I think most days have had a calorie estimate - I haven't tracked what I've eaten but in tracking my burn I know I've burned a lot so I can only guess that they did in fact cancel each other out -  this week I'm really hoping the burn will exceed the intake - I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This week I didn't change, keeping me at 13st 10lbs (192 lbs). That is 60 lbs from my goal weight and (still but thankfully only) 6 lbs from achieving my first weight goal of 186lbs.

As I posted yesterday I am making that much more effort this week (though any would be an improvement on last week) and I know how much better I feel eating the better foods and doing exercise so I hope I will stick with it.

Thanks again for this weekly accountability Kris - I hate it but I NEED it - and thanks for the encouraging comment - I have no idea how to reply to comments made on the blog so I'll just reply here instead - thanks!

Oh and I totally have to confess I've already blown a couple of days calories - so bad because I'm relaxed and compromising all the time because I lost six pounds like yeah me - only 60 to go - I need to wise up and start back into the good choices again and stay there for a considerable amount of time - basically I need to grow up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maintaining, even though is frustrating sometimes, is always better than gaining, right? ;-)