Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Wednesday Walk: Week 4/An Attitude of Gratitude: Week 2

Wednesday Walk: Week 4

I'm all set for my second communicant class this evening. Although I came to know the Lord at the tender age of four I've never been a member of a church before. I'm joining our church and to do so must attend classes.

Last week our minister spoke of how God took His own judgement upon Himself (as Jesus) to pardon us and I had never thought of it that way before. I think I'd always kept God and Jesus so divisible but I liked that. Like a parent going to time-out instead of sending their child only SO MUCH MORE (obviously). Our God is an awesome God.

When was the last time you had a revelation that made you go wow and duh simultaneously?

This week has continued a little down but much more up than last week so - yay and being grateful sure helps so I've decided to add an attitude of gratitude onto my Wednesday Walks (see below).

My family are all really struggling right now, we have continued to since my sister broke our hearts. She broke our hearts and spirits and emigrated to the other side of the world (taking my beautiful nieces too). It is not even a lack of contact, she's been spiteful, most especially to my Mum (with whom she used to talk daily, even when she lived abroad). For example she contacted all my Mum's brothers at Christmas, sending cards and handwritten letter (something she would never have done before) and of course had no contact with Mum. We are all hurting and need prayer so can you lift us up to God and remember us to Him.

I want to just make quick mention of one psalm that has lifted me up a little this day:

Psalm 47 - A Psalm of the Sons of Korah (The Message)
Applause, everyone. Bravo, bravissimo!
Shout God-songs at the top of your lungs!
God Most High is stunning, astride land and ocean.
He crushes hostile people, puts nations at our feet.
He set us at the head of the line, prize-winning Jacob, his favorite.
Loud cheers as God climbs the mountain, a ram's horn blast at the summit.
Sing songs to God, sing out! Sing to our King, sing praise!
He's Lord over earth, so sing your best songs to God.
God is Lord of godless nations—sovereign, he's King of the mountain.
Princes from all over are gathered, people of Abraham's God.
The powers of earth are God's—he soars over all.

How often do we really give God our best?
Not often, maybe never if we're truthful.
How often do we sing to Him who made us?
Do we sing Him our best songs?
What is man's chief end?
Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Give it a go - as I will be today - enjoy God, sing to Him, praise Him, applaud Him and shout to Him.

An Attitude of Gratitude: Week 2

I am grateful for:

A man-sized hot-water bottle that warms my feet in the dead of night (thanks hubs)

A washing machine that lets me wipe out a laundry mountain in a morning

Radiators to dry the wet laundry mountain

Clothes to wear and food to eat and spill to create a laundry mountain

A family no matter how broken to love on and be loved by

A husband who took me on a dinner date to celebrate six-months of marriage and snuggles up with me on the couch and cuddles up with me under pink fluffy blankets

Love, phileo, agape, love

No comments: