B90 Seventh Update
Time again to check-in with Amy @ Mom's Toolbox for another "week" of reading.
I haven't read a week's worth in fact this week was a bit disastrous for me emotionally, so I did the very thing I shouldn't do because I'm as "stiff-necked" as the Israelites, I strayed from God - I hardly read and I just lost it. I'll write a little more of this on Wednesday but for now I'll just update on my reading.
I'm in Day 18 and also in Day 37 (having read Days 34-36).
This week I won't be chopping and changing around in my reading, I've almost halved my blogging schedule (quality not quantity) and I'm only allowing myself to watch those many distracting feel-like-I-need-to-zone-out TV programmes a couple of days so that should really help with my reading. I've also been way too focused on my house and the decluttering/sorting/organising of said house so this week I'm only allowing myself one small task a day to do for those goals. My big priority should be His word and the attack of the enemy through depression and zoning out is all too apparent to me today.
Yesterday our pastor spoke on Ezekiel.
"When is a bird bigger than a mountain?" he asked.
The answer - when the bird is closer (between us and the mountain).
Daily life can be so distracting and its daily battles seem to be so huge, we have to remember to keep our perspective focused on the horizon and the hugeness of God who can overcome all that lies before us.
If you're reading this post, please say a prayer for Christians everywhere that we might all keep our eyes on the horizon and not get distracted by that which is straight in front of us.
Dear Lord
Keep our eyes ever on You, our hearts ever linked to Your heart and our minds ever thinking n Your words and commandments.
Amen
.
Decluttering Commitments 2010 (Update 7 W/E Monday 01/03/10)
.
GOALS UPDATE
.
a) DECLUTTER 730 THINGS IN 365 DAYS
(Jan 1st-December 31st -average of 2 things/day)
.
1 Unwanted Book (Weds)
1 Stationery Organiser (Weds)
1 Tie-Pin from a company were I used to work (Weds)
1 Too-Small Velcro Bib (Thurs)
1 Very Small Mug that never held enough tea (Thurs)
4 Fancy Unused Pencils to Macayle (Thurs)
1 Super Duper Colouring Pen to Macayle (Thurs)
4 Fancy Unused Pencils to Nita (Thurs)
5 Fancy Unused Pencils to Miss Thing (Thurs)
1 Extra Comfy Grip Pen to Miss Thing (Thurs)
3 Keyrings (Fri)
2 Keyrings (Fri)
1 Keyholder (Fri)
1 Tie-pin (Fri)
2 Metal Bookmarks (Fri)
1 Whole Lot of Paper to Recycling (Everyday)
.
30/6 SUB-TOTAL/WEEK
.
376/60 CUMULATIVE TOTAL/ACCUMULATED NO. OF DAYS
.
CUMULATIVE AVERAGE = A little over 6 things/day
.
GRADE = A++
.
Have kept the momentum going this week and hopefully this is set to continue even as my plans to declutter and sort are scaled back.
.
b) DECLUTTER TWO BOOKMARKS FOR EVERY ONE ADDED
.
+1 Bookmarks Added
-3 Bookmarks Deleted
.
SYNOPSIS = I deleted one extra bookmark over and above my goal though I definitely want to get more deleted.
.
GRADE = A+
.
I went over and above my goal – yay!
.
c) DECLUTTERING CALENDAR
Spending time each day tackling a different decluttering task
.
Weds
Continued with the decluttering and sorting of the study – yay it’s going so well – I work a box at a time and sort all the craft supplies into their appropriate box and I’ve given myself one box for things that will need more careful sorting. The recycling bin is filling up fast with all the paper being decluttered
.
Thurs
Continuing with the study once again I took a box of felt-tips (markers) with me to work and Macayle helped me sort through which ones worked and which ones didn’t. Decluttered eight unused pretty pencils to Macayle and Nita and some fancy graphic pencils to my graphic designer sis Miss Thing.
.
Friday and Saturday
Continued in the study and crafting materials and many, many boxes of unknowns – even found the savings account book I’d been looking for!
.
Sunday
Decluttered the poor notion that I was far from God and my husband because of my feelings but rather because I was keeping them at a distance.
.
SYNOPSIS: Successfully decluttered everyday!!!
.
GRADE: A
.
Achieved my goal and then some but failed to keep my life simple by taking on too much decluttering, this week the decluttering will be my tool not my master.
.
AVERAGE OVERALL GRADE = A+
.
Decluttering Update for February will go up on Wednesday most likely to link in with Amy @ The Finer Things in Life who set the challenge.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment