Monday, 15 February 2010

B90 Fifth Check-in

I’ve been consistently behind since way early on and have been reading just a couple of days worth a week but I read more than before this week and have been reading daily along with my husband last thing at night.

Keeping to my Managers of Their Homes schedule has really helped me increase the amount I read daily and helped me to read daily.

I’m on Day 17 and although I’ll not be finishing with the rest of the bloggers I intend to keep blogging through this challenge until the finish and keep up with the Monday check-ins on where I’m at in the Word.

I’ve jumped around a little this week, so I’ve read through Nehemiah and Esther as well as a little into Job as well.

Esther was a real challenge for me to enter as I really struggled with the whole premise of her – brought to the King’s bed as a member of his harem (not that she had a choice) with the possibility she would live out her days as a concubine, perhaps never called on again, languishing in a harem until her days ended or a new king came to power. The words for such a time as this have haunted me – I just never got this story that so many, women especially, raved about.

I get it now. God really opened my eyes anew to see how he used the sinful conditions of the world in which Esther dwelt to bring her to power for such a time as this. He used the lusts of men to raise Jews to prominence in the court of a foreign king; to bring about a day of celebration for his people. He used faithful, obedient servants who kept His ways to bring about His ways. PTL for a girl willing to risk her life (if I perish, I perish) to save her people.

Nehemiah BTW was a missionary minded organiser, an encourager to the workers for the Lord, a prayerful man and a man of his word (he returned when he said he would to Artaxerxes), a man of integrity (who pleased the king he served and the God he worshipped). PTL for such a man; and please pray for more like him to walk in our world and do such wonders for our Father.

Finding Job very interesting so far, no doubt I’ll blog on him next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are trucking away at your pace - and continuing to read!

I have read the Bible many times, but every time I do, I always see stories in a new way - so I can relate to your "ah-hah" moment about Esther.

-Heather

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

I am so proud of you for keeping it up and reading, listening and learning! Thanks for joining the challenge with all of us at MomsToolbox.com