Monday, 8 February 2010

January Decluttering (Late Link-up)

I'm linking this up to Amy @ Finer Things in Life


She ran her declutter challenge check in on the 1st of February but I've been so out of the blogosphere recently that I spaced and missed it, so this is my late check-in.


I've entirely copied Amy's fab thinking and gone for the same declutter challenge:


DECLUTTER 730 THINGS IN 365 DAYS (Jan 1st-December 31st - an average of 2 things/day)


So here's my list so far:
4 Christmas decorations (charity bag)
1 Pot holder (charity bag)
1 Book I already read (charity bag)
21 Piece Tea-Set (charity bag)
3 Plastic Container Lids (recycling)
3 White T-shirts (recycling)
21 Piece Tea-Set (my Mum)
7 Teaspoon Set (my Mum)
1 Laundry Hamper (charity bag)
1 Brown tunic top (charity bag)
2 Storybooks I'd 2 copies of (gift cupboard cos they’re in perfect condition)
1 DVD with poor morals (charity bag)
4 Cookie cutters that were unrecognisable shapes (charity bag)
34 Piece Chess Set (charity bag)
1 Blue shoe ornament I never liked (charity bag)
1 Digital Alarm Clock Radio (charity bag)

107/38 CUMULATIVE TOTAL/CUMULATED NO. OF DAYS

CUMULATIVE AVERAGE = 2.82 things/day

Still ahead of my goal though I must be careful not to lose momentum! House feels lighter and I'm enjoying seeing formerly cluttered areas improve in appearance.

Thanks Amy for such a great idea!

1 comment:

Amy @ Finer Things said...

Excellent job! I've got to get my motivation back for February. :)