How sad that the media today focuses only on the financial cost of children and not the many blessings they bring.
Hubs and I firmly believe in God Family Planning, that is we are letting God dictate the "when" and "how many" aspects of our family. We've come to this decision through much Bible study, reading and prayer - how sad that others may make their family decisions based on an article solely discussing children as a monetary burden.
The article lays out the highlights of the new study into the cost of raising a child from infancy until they are 21, sadly the first costs it mentions are those I pray we never have to fork over for: childcare costs! (N.B. I am a childminder but I'd never like to make use of one).
"Childcare was the biggest drain - with nursery fees, after-school clubs and
holiday clubs coming in at £54,696."
Children are a blessing a gift from God not something to be paid for. How sad as the article concludes:"I suspect many new and prospective mums and dads will be a little shocked to see the potential financial burden ahead of them."
I've used the word sad more than once in this post - why? because that's how this article makes me feel.
*Decluttering Update will be here later today*
No comments:
Post a Comment