Still way behind, still progressing at a snail's pace (Deuteronomy Chapter 27) but still reading praise the Lord (PTL).
PTL for His grace in keeping my husband and I going.
PTL for teaching us so much from His word.
PTL for access to such a great love letter from the Lord our God.
Last night in church we had a visiting speaker from AsiaLink an organisation that trains people to be missionaries to their own unreached people groups i.e. Bhutanese missionaries for Bhutanese people.
As the speaker told us of Burma/Myanmar I was nearly in tears, the Christians who fight such seemingly insurmountable odds, who battle for God against the godlessness around them and the persecution from a military regime.
The lady evangelist who preaches to her congregation of one and runs four good news clubs a week to minister to the children of her remote village.
The young man of twenty-six who on entering the field soon left for eternity after the horrors of cyclone Nargis in May 2008.
The single Bible school for church planting that has forty-two students set against just one of the buddhist missionary schools which has a thousand students.
The churches who share one Bible in their own language and I have more than I can count, in my language in various translations and so no doubt have you.
Our speaker preached of Nehemiah with his missionary heart, inquiring of Jerusalem and God's people, fasting and praying on hearing news of them (a people in trouble and the city in ruins)leaving the palace and going. (I haven't made it to Nehemiah yet but am going to read through it today). Nehemiah heard God's call and went, do we always obey God's call?
The Christians of Burma face seemingly insurmountable odds that only the Lord our God, El-Shaddai can overcome. Please as you read this say a prayer for the work of AsiaLink and the brave warriors for Christ who stand up against the tide in Burma. May they be remembered to God and may the hearts of the people of that land and many others be softened toward the Lord. May the hopeless encounter the great Hope.
Please remember Burma in your prayers today and PTL for such a tenacious group for God working there.
Prayer
Lord
I remind You of Your people in Burma, may You give Your warriors strength for the fight and love for those around them. I pray as You build up the church planting college that the buddhist ones might be torn down. I pray that You give peace and courage to Pele and the brother and sister working together and the many others who stand in Your name. I pray that the theology they teach might never stray from You. I pray for the work of AsiaLink throughout many of the unreached people groups that it might have Your blessing and for safety for the workers as they journey soon to Iraq. I remind You of the government there Lord that You might turn it for Your good and glory and that many lost buddhist souls might be directed towards the hope of salvation through You and Your Son and Spirit.
Amen
2 comments:
I'm always humbled when I read a post like this because I do take for granted that we have multiple Bibles in our home in various versions.
May you be blessed this week as you study His Word.
What a beautiful, needed prayer. I am joining you in that prayer.. many times.
Post a Comment