Saturday, 6 February 2010

Scheduling Saturdays for Success

In "Manager's of their homes" they're not all for scheduling Saturdays because that's when hubbies are usually home but mine isn't - he usually works Saturdays and has a day off during the week so scheduled I am.

Haven't quite gotten the hang of the Saturday schedule yet as I'm breaking the habits of a lifetime though. When I was a youngster the closest I got to a Saturday schedule was the TV guide, as a young teen I spent half the day in bed, the afternoon in fromt of the TV and the night at youth club, as an older teen my day was spent playing at retail and earning pennies for those all important trips to the cinema and at uni I returned to the familiar sleeping-in/TV pattern which usually continued until Monday morning lectures.

Once I moved home and joined the real working world Saturday continued as wasted hours and lying-in with fun nights out to follow. This basically continued until I got married. My husband wakes me as he gets up (he doesn't mean to but he's not known for his stealth), so then at least began wasted hours whilst awake.

Then I started working Saturday mornings because I was up anyway so I get up, prep my tutoring and then tutor. That gets me till lunch time and then the day seems to vanish in a flurry of W-W-W-dots. This computer addiction is serious - intervention required methinks. I get way more done on Saturdays than I used to but I gotta long way yo go. So far today I've made and received a total of five chatty phonecalls, two texts, read one blog, re-scheduled, prepped tutoring for next week and onwards, organised my online devotions for the coming weeks and given myself square eyes. Better go put on that laundry (it is nearly four o'clock after all).

Next week think I'd better stick to it and who knows I might actually get something done.
Wish me organised time-slots!

No comments: