Today's challenge from Toni @ A Bowl Full of Lemons is to clean out and organise the fridge (need to do this and hope to get to it over the next few days), yesterday's was to organise all your medicine/vitamin storage (I got all that done on Day 13).
Since I didn't get Monday's challenge finished today I'll continue to organise . . .
. . . UNDER THE BATHROOM SINK
Since I didn't get Monday's challenge finished today I'll continue to organise . . .
. . . UNDER THE BATHROOM SINK
and since it totally linked in (for me) I've also added in Day 4's challenge to organise the
. . . LINEN CLOSET
. . . LINEN CLOSET
(that's the hot press to me - an Irish term for the linen closet - and mine happens to be in my bathroom)
My hot press has always been my pride and joy - I am very fastidious about my folding, so my towels and bed linen are always sitting just so (even if the rest of the house is falling down round me, as it quite often is, less so since I got married though).
When we got married, with the influx of towels, I had to move my (becoming ours of course) bed linen, so our hot press became a towels only spot. The bed linen meanwhile moved into the ottoman/linen chest at the end of the bed, and I keep it in sets of pillowcases, sheets & duvet cover all tied up with matching ribbon in a pretty bundle. I heart those bundles! I gave the chest a little look-see and a wee shuffle but it was pretty neat.
After re-housing the bed linen I had gotten sick of our toiletries sitting out in the bathroom so I moved most of them into the hot press (probably not considered the best idea to put all your lotions and potions - minus perfume and makeup - into a boiler heated cupboard, but anyway). As a result, with the exception of the neat stacks of towels, the hot press became a well-organised but very cluttered space and a thorn in my side - until today!
The bathroom as a whole was just looking messy! The toiletries from our holiday (we came home two weeks ago yesterday) and all the new toiletries from Christmas were all sitting about the place and driving me crazy - truly they were my big tackle for the day and the equivalent of an under-sink cupboard as I don't have one.
I also have a small storage space at the end of the bath; I was using this space to hide spare cleaning supplies, boxes of tissues and spare toilet rolls (TP) but thought I should clear it out too. I emptied it and gave the (unfinished) floor a sweep - wowie the dust.
I then moved to the hot press - removing everything (oh the MESS!), sweeping the (unfinished) floor (and choking with the dust), replacing the towels (with a little re-jigging) and putting the spare tp etc in here. Some toiletries went back in and some containerising happened but mostly I kept out the toiletries to be sorted out and had to call it a day (after all by now it was after midnight).
Yesterday I went back to task and did some sorting. I put like with like, some things went into the over-the-door storage hanger in the hot press, some were decanted in together and a few bottles got recycled. Some sorting though was left till today.
Today I went back to task and finished off the sorting through. If I have time I may even start on the fridge before work, but this evening I'll be tackling my tax return - organising will have to wait!
I'll be stopping off on my way to work to get some clear boxes to replace my worn-out pink cardboard storage (all of it broken somewhere or other). IKEA will also be getting a visit soon as their dinky little stacking craft boxes are the perfect size for cotton buds (q-tips) etc. not to mention the rest of the list I have for my next visit there.
Thanks for challenging us Toni - my home and husband are really reaping the benefits!

No comments:
Post a Comment