I weighed in before Christmas and was finally getting the scales to move in the right direction but a week of too much, too good food on holiday has done me in - I'm FIVE pounds heavier than I was on Christmas Eve.
Yesterday I upped my Kifit (UK Bodybugg) goals and I've met my calorie targets yesterday and today!!! The steps not so much but I'm not far off and moving way more than I was previously.
Currently Kifit has estimated it'll take me until November
Saying that I will be slowly building up my fitness so that in the foreseeable future I might be able to breathe my way through a whole exercise session without feeling like I'm kicking the bucket.
Hubs is very supportive and has pledged alongside me to lose his excess weight (he has a tiny little belly) so we'll be able to keep each other in check at first, but not for long as he has only about ten pounds to lose and is extremely fit and goes to the gym.
I'm going to need a lot of prayer this year, my word of the year though is patience as I know I need to be in this for the long-haul.
I used to be just becoming more curvy but I blinded myself too long to the fact I'd gotten FAT, I know I've run this course too long, I've irreplably damaged my body and I will never be what I once was - thankfully my hubs loves me anyway (he met and married me fat), I thank God for him daily, he is an absolute treasure. I want to be here to grow old with him, I want to raise an active family with him, I want to be able to enjoy any children God may bless us with.
I know this weight battle is probably also a cause of the fact we do not yet have any children. Obviously God opens and closes the womb, (and we leave our family "planning" up to Him) but right now it wouldn't be safe for me to bear a child and the chances of medical intervention at birth is much greater (for an obese mother). I want to be HEALTHY first and foremost, I want to be able to live my life. I don't want to struggle to put on my shoes or tie my laces any more - how humiliating it is that those tasks leave me breathless!
A decade ago I took six dance classes a week, I was asked to train as a tai chi instructor, I could run for a bus without the need for resuscitation when I caught it. I don't expect to get back there but I'd like to be able to take ballroom dancing lessons with my husband - safe in the knowledge I won't pass out five minutes in.
I'm 198 but I won't be for long - next week that number will be lower!
Check out how everyone else is doing at Eclipsed.
1 comment:
You sound so much like me last year. I couldn't tie my shoes without becoming out of breath. I put my ankle up on my other leg to do the tying without physically picking my ankle up with my hand. It was awful.
Your determination is inspiring. You will do it!
Post a Comment