Kris @ Eclipsed has set the Do or Do Not Challenge: Week 4
First an update on how I did over the last week - Do or Do Not Challenge: Week 3
Kris challenged us to exercise for thirty minutes five days a week, I wanted to be sure my kifit was really tracking only useful activity levels (yeah because I so wasn't ready for "exercise" people - though that's a-changing) so I upped the METs level on moderate activity so I had to work harder to earn those minutes.
Tuesday 28 mins
Wednesday 42 mins
Thursday 7 mins
Friday 18 mins
Saturday 22 mins
Sunday 22 mins
Monday 46 mins (I hit 9500 steps and over 3000kcals yesterday - woohoo!)
FAIL - I only hit over thirty minutes activity twice, though really getting over twenty minutes for five days of the week is a pretty huge achievement for me. This week I KNOW I'll do better - mostly cause I've promised my accountability partner Ines (see below) that I'll actually do three proper workouts this week and I'm working a tonne of extra hours (many of which will be spent pacing with a fussy newborn, or walking the newborn's one year old brother).
That challenge was hard but the next was harder - writing about the emotional aspect of why I'm fat?
I put that in a separate post because I couldn't believe how much I wrote.
I ate really badly this week - my emotions got the best of me or rather I let them so I'm . . .
RECALCULATING!
This week's challenges are:
1. To Find an Accountability Partner
This is a tricky one - I love my hubs but when I'm accountable to him I feel like he's watching what I eat all the time so I was thinking I'd need to give this some thought but actually on Friday I was emailing Ines one of my "Good Morning Girls" email group about us keeping each accountable about exercising so I've actually got this one sorted without even thinking about it.
2. Eat out challenge - to find a meal that you can enjoy at your favourite restaurant and keep it at 500kcals or less.
We don't eat out too often (it's not really culturally as big of a thing here in N.I.) but we did eat out Saturday night and I blew my calories big style! I did eat less during the day to allow for a bit of a splurge but even just the dinner (and dessert) would have blown my calorie "budget." It was yummy though.
Since we don't eat out often I was struggling to think of a "favourite restaurant" - but then I remembered take away. We would quite often order in Chinese so my challenge will be to find a calorie budget friendly meal to order from our favourite (by that of course I mean we have a discount card as well as it being yummy and not using msg) Chinese. Mmm I think this is going to be tough!
Now the . . . Weekly Weigh-In
Weekly Weigh-In #1 - 14st 2lbs or 198lbs
Weekly Weigh-In #2 - 13st 13lbs or 195lbs
Weekly Weigh-In #3 - 13st 11lbs or 193lbs
Weekly Weigh-In #4 - 13st 11lbs or 193lbs
Yip not up or down - didn't do great on the eating as I said above - mostly I hovered a little over my budget but then two days I splurged and I didn't do the necessary exercise to counteract that - in fact with feeling kind of rubbish I moved very little comparatively.
Next week that number will be down!!!
I'll check-in on my measurements next week or the week after because I don't think there'll be any change for a little bit and quite frankly at half six this morning (before I left for a very long day) I really didn't feel like wrestling with a tape measure.
How was your week? Go check-out Eclipsed to see how everyone else did.
Kris had a fab week with another pound down and her move from obese to overweight! Definitely something to be celebrated!! Well done Kris!!!
P.S. Can I suggest a (microwaved) scrambled egg for part of your brekky - it's high in protein - keeps you fuller for longer than carbs and is only 80 kcals or so - egg white omelettes are even better with egg whites being only around 12 kcals each
No comments:
Post a Comment