Friday, 7 January 2011

Organising 21-day Challenge - Day 6

I like to make an entrance (I'm often running late to social engagements); so as in life I'm coming late to this party . . .

A Bowl Full of Lemons is running a 21 day organising challenge and I for one am in need of a little lot of motivation. Go here for today's challenge.


Nony the Slob (my favourite blogger - she writes how I think but can't enunciate) linked to yesterday's challenge - cleaning under the sink (I could've done with reading about that one before midnight alas and alack).

So, ready to go I'm off to . . . ORGANISE MY DRESSER DRAWERS
(or chest of drawers as we call it in the UK)

. . . (about two hours later - yes that's right two!) . . .

Done and dusted (the top of the dresser really needed that step) but . . . shh . . . no before and after shots because although I own a camera - posting shots would require much knowledge in the use of said article.

I'm a technophobe who is slowly mending her ways.

So the makeover went as such:

I followed the rest of the rules more or less - emptying the contents on to my (made) bed, putting like with like, purging as I went, folding neatly and putting back. The real work started as I cleared and rehomed all the flotsam and jetsam that had come ashore atop the dresser. Beautifying it at the end was the fun part.

So in my veni, vidi, victi moment (I came, I saw, I conquered for those unfamiliar with Latin).

I purged, I binned, I replaced . . .

100 things went into the charity bag
6 things went into summer storage
3 pairs of bottoms were cut up for rags
1 gorgeous but unwearable (by me) hat went to my Mum
1 gift box went in the pile for my friend Miss Jewellery
1 old broken bag went into the bin
(yes that is 106 things leaving my house!)
. . . and not much went back in the drawers!

Now I'm planning to follow the final rule and do a little (January sales) shopping tomorrow. Think I've earned some clothes that jolly well fit and flatter me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work!

Violet said...

Whoo hoo! You got rid of a lot, way to go!

I came late the the 21-day challenge, too- found it tonight through 'A Slob Comes Clean' just like you. :)

I'm hosting a challenge on Tuesdays that goes along great with this one... mine is to simply list the things that have been decluttered in your house during the previous week.

Nony the Slob said...

Wow! Thanks for linking to me. I'm so flattered.

Great job on the dresser drawers challenge. I used several excuses to not do it such as already having another post planned, the more urgent need to clean my daughter's room/junkyard, and most of all . . . just not wanting to! I'm in a "nothing fits" time right now, and purging clothes brings too much frustration!

PerfectlyHappy said...

sounds great!! happy shopping!