Wednesday, 19 January 2011

WFMW #1: Calorie Counted Snack Boxes

This is my very first Works-For-Me-Wednesday post though I've been reading them for years.

Go check-out everyone's tips with Kristin @ We Are THAT Family!
This week what works for me is: Calorie Counted Snack Boxes.

I'm trying to lose all that extra blubber and I know my weaknesses - I am a grazer - I like to eat all day everyday.

So how can I do this and still lose weight? Easy!

I did the shopping last week and got some of the yummy dried fruits, nuts and the extra creamy yummy yogurt I love and when I got them home I gathered up all of my little "tupperware" containers and made some yummy snacks:

Mango, Papaya and Passion Fruit Yogurt with pecan nut crumbs, hulled sesame seeds, dried cranberries and dried apricots - yum! I did very rough calculations on weight so although I reckon they're closer to 110 kcals, I'm counting them as 150.

I also made up some little boxes of cashew nuts (ten) and grabbed some little kid snack bags of chocolate animal biscuits (less than 110 kcals).

Having a little of something I love, in a caloric amount my diet can cope with, definitely works for me!

N.B. Creamy yogurt + dried fruit = creamy re-hydrated fruit :)

No comments: