Bringing up the rear
I'm so far behind and I've all the excuses ready - I had to take down Christmas and put-up winter decorations and I wasn't feeling well and I've been so tired and I was working some over-time and I'm just plain addicted to TV and blogging and and and and . . .
ENOUGH!
I need to recommit if I want to finish reading in 100 days so here goes . . .
Lord, help me commit to reading through Your words, Your guide book, Your good book.
Let me balance the many elements of my life but always put You & Your word first.
Let my husband and I recommit our time to You and studying Your word
Amen
I'm bringing up the rear and still on Exodus chapter 28 (yes I'm that far behind) but I've learned so much and half filled a notebook with notes. My eyes have been opened to just what I've been missing (Thank you Amy for the encouragement to do this and to Toni for directing me to Amy).
I've "read" the Bible before you know - here, there, and everywhere and little verses and chunks and passages and chapters. Even the odd book but in all my years this is new - the whole book of books! Awesome, challenging and inspiring and wonderful. God's thoughts and laws and words and love and judgement and forgiveness all written down just for me (and you guys too no less). How Great Thou Art!!!
Thank You Lord for the challenging, the encouragement, the teaching and the guiding.
4 comments:
I admire your bravery in posting that you are behind.
But I don't think you'll stay there for long. Try your best to read 14-15 pages a day for a bit until you are caught up. It will be a grae feeling when you are back with the group.. and an even better feing when you finish with us!
I've just prayed for you to catch up and keep going. You can do it!
Just a note of encouragement: Keep plugging away at it! I'm behind as well, and I'm just reading a little extra each day. Even if it's in 120 days, if you finish, you've READ the Bible!! Have a great week!
You can do it!! Good for you for recommitting!
Thank you girls for your words of encouragement and prayers - you're spurring me on.
Grainne
Post a Comment