Saturday, 2 January 2010

Saturday 2nd January 2010 - Prayer & Priorities

Prayer

Dear Lord
Thank You for Christmas and its reminder of Your love for us. Go with those feeling unloved today and bring them someone (me) to input love into their lives.

Be alongside my husband at work and keep his mind alert to opportunities to serve You and Your people.

Guide me through my day and the work You have set before me to do.

Guide my husband and I through Your word and the second day of this wonderful challenge to read it in 90 days.

Amen

Priorities

1. Read Bible in 90 days *update* had to finish this up on Sunday as DH needed to sleep
2. Load of whites laundry *update* done and now landed to though I didn't even start it till late afternoon - had such a lazy day on Saturday
3. Choose outfit for Pampered Chef party tonight & Church tomorrow *update* PC party was postponed so we had an unexpected date night and went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie - pretty good I must say, didn't choose my church outfit till Sunday morning but was up and ready for church in time
4. Morning Schedule & Chores *update* completed but not remotely during the morning time!
5. Organise & pack away gift wrapping supplies *update* still haven't touvhed this task
6. Read next section of "Managers of Their Homes" *update* still haven't touched on this task either as the B90 readings are taking me longer than anticipated

Although I don't yet have children I am at home part-time as a childminder - five mornings -and work outside the home part-time as a nanny - five afternoons - so I organise the time of three children and need to better organise my own time as I also tutor on the weekend and work more hours than my DH. He's involved in more ministry in our church though and as a church eleder has his own commitments outside of the home and his regular job. He contributes to household work (dishes in the evenings and the ironing) but I need to set out daily and weekly checklists for him so he can do a little more at times convenient to him that could lessen my workload (that currently never gets fully finished).

No comments: